Friday, September 17, 2010

Here we go!!

          So, I have been contemplating starting this blog for a while now - in fact, I signed up for blog spot in August of 2009, and never even so much as titled it.  I never really knew what I wanted to write about, or who the heck would read it - and if anyone did read it, would they really care what was going on in my head.. doubt it!  Well, I finally decided today that I didn't really care.  I want to share my world with myself - my brain is so cloudy and chaotic most of the time - that I thought if I would take my thoughts and write them down, that maybe I could follow them a little easier.
         The past year has been a rollercoaster ride - but I have learned so much and come so far.  I learned what it's like to have my own place, and I learned what it's like to live with a roommate.  I housetrained a puppy (she is my life, you will see this soon), I broke up with, and got back together a dozen times with my main squeeze (that's a whole other blog in itself - we will get to that).  I got into several fights with my family - that only made me appreciate them even more.  I lost 30 lbs, and gained it all back again (but that's gonna change soon too)...  We buried my beautiful Aunt Louise - don't think I am ready for that blog yet..  and my other Aunt Tina was diagnosed with Breast Cancer just last month.  There has been lots of sickness - and some health...
          The big news that is on my mind tonight though, is my awesome mother.  My mom is a strong, hard- headed woman (hey, I get it honest)...  and this afternoon she had a heart attack.  He had 90% blockage in her coronary artery.  Do you understand how close of a call this was.  It never ceases to amaze me what God will do to slap you across the face to wake you up.  Our God is a Mighty Mighty God - and his Grace is abundant, and overflowing!! I am so blessed to have my family.  My awesome parents - my goofy ass brother (and who better be his soon to be wife) :) my crazy (literally, insane) Grandmother and her loving, supportive husband.  My awesome boyfriend, that loves and cares for me (and my family).. and not to mention all of his family that are incredible too!! 
          So, my parents - who are both 55, have both in the past 9 years suffered what could have been fatal heart attacks.  This makes me cringe at the thought of living the rest of my life the way I do now.  I have got to stop smoking, start eating right, start exercising and I want everyone to join me (especially those that I mentioned in the paragraph previous).  I am so thankful that my mother is as strong as she is, and that God allowed her another chance.  I just pray that we all look at it that way, as a second chance - and that it will teach us to be healthier, happier and more loving individuals :) So, I guess this blog will be a follow up on all of this - and just a general glimpse into everything that is.. us.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Crystal! I was just talking to your mom the other night about what a wonderful, strong family you guys have. Your parents raised you and Scott right, and the four of you (and your extended!) continue to have a healthy, honest, loving relationship that should be a model for everyone else. I am so glad you are all in my life, and I'm glad you're writing this blog... sometimes it helps to write things down, to help you sort out what's going on in your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely lifting your mom up in prayer tonight! Praying for you too! I pray Christ will be your strong tower and you will run straight to him in all this!!

    I LOVE blogs by the way! I will be a faithful reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So, sorry to hear about your Mom. But Praise the Lord she is OK.

    Welcome to Bloggerville! I've been at it for 6 yrs!

    ReplyDelete